You may have worked at other organisations and contributed to other private pension funds prior to your arrival at CERN. You may therefore want to transfer your previous “assets” into the CERN Pension Fund.
The Fund accepts transfers from worldwide pension schemes, allowing you to purchase additional months of membership, in order to:
- increase your benefits at the end of your contract;
- be entitled to a pension (if you reach at least five years of service).
The calculation is based on the reference salary at the time of the request, to which a percentage is applied:
- 14.7% for the first 10 years bought in;
- 22% for each further year.
How to proceed:
- Provide us with a breakdown from your previous pension scheme, mentioning the transferable amount;
- The Pension Fund will simulate your benefits at the end of your contract, taking into account the transfer;
- The Pension Fund will provide you with the payment details for the transfer.
OWN FUND PURCHASE
A purchase with own funds entitles you to greater benefits by increasing your period of membership.
You should request approval from the Fund prior to making such a transfer.
The calculation is based on the reference salary at the time of the request, to which a percentage is applied, depending on:
- your contract type,
- your age at the date of the request,
- your age at the new membership start date.
How to proceed:
- Please contact the Fund’s Benefits Service (email@example.com) and mention the period that you would like to purchase or the amount that you would like to transfer in.
- The Pension Fund will simulate your benefits at the end of your contract, taking into account the proposed purchase.
- If you wish to proceed, you should request approval from the Fund.
- If your request is approved, the Pension Fund will provide you with its bank account details.